Founded in 1992, the Canadian Explosives Technicians Association has a long history of working to enhance the network of the responders and supporting agencies.
By supporting those from law enforcement, military, government , and those who are dedicated to providing the best equipment and services to make the world a safer place.
1. To advance the science and art of training explosives technicians.
2. To promote and facilitate the exchange of information concerning improvised explosive devices, bombings and attempted bombings, explosive and reactive hazardous chemicals, commercial explosives and accidental explosions.
3. To foster co-operation and continued liaison between police and military explosives technicians.
4. To encourage research and development of techniques and equipment to further the knowledge of its members and to assist in their safety, as well as the safety of the public.
5. To co-operate with other national and international organizations having common or related objectives.
6. To promote standards in education, training, equipment, and, so far as practicable, techniques for render safe procedures.
7. To provide forums and media through which experiences, techniques and technical data may be reported, discussed, and published in the furtherance of the benefit of its members.
Canadian Explosives Technicians Association
PO box 6031
2020 Courtneypark Drive east (FESTI Building)
Mississauga Ontario Canada