CETA in cooperation with NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) will be bringing the Standard Test Methods for Response Robots program to Canada in June 2017
• Provide emergency responders a way to quantitatively measure whether
robots are capable and reliable enough to perform operational tasks.
• Provide emergency responders a way to quantitatively measure their
performance on a given robot.
• Develop standard test methods to measure robot maneuvering, mobility,
sensors, energy, radio comms, dexterity, durability, reliability, logistics,
safety, autonomy, and operator proficiency.
Use Standard Test Methods to:
• Communicate operational needs to robot developers.
• Enable users to understand emerging robot capabilities.
• Guide robot purchasing and deployment decisions based on objective